Harmonious Life Systems (HLS) is a privately owned social service agency founded by two Mental/Behavioral Health professionals with over two decades of experience serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Since its establishment in 2016, HLS has experienced significant growth in Waiver Services offering Home and Community Habiitation as well as Behavior Supports to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are seeking qualified Behaviors Support Specialists to assist participants with learning new skills and modifying challenging behaviors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials (*to work with participants on the Adult Autism Waiver)
- Master’s degree (in Social Work, Psychology, Education or Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- *Or a PA Behavior Support License
- *Or a Master’s degree with 50% or more ABA course work,
- *Or a Master’s degree in a human services field related to Social Work, Psychology, or Education (housed in the institution’s department or school of Social Work, Psychology, or Education) AND 33% or more course work in ABA
- Bureau of Autism of 101 and 102 trainings and FBA Certification
Behavior Specialists provide specialized interventions that assist participants with the development of adaptive behaviors and replacing or modifying challenging behaviors of a destructive, disruptive or disturbing nature that prevent or interfere with the participant’s inclusion in home and community life.
The BSS promotes consistent implementation of the Behavioral Support Plan (BSP) and Crisis Intervention Plan (CIP) across environments and people with regular contact with the participant, such as family, friends, neighbors and other providers.
The BSS will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA) and analyzing assessment findings
- Developing individualized, comprehensive Behavior Support Plans (BSPs)
- Developing a Crisis Intervention Plans (CIPs)
- Entering BSPs and the CIPs into HCSIS.
- Upon completion of plan development, he/she will meet with the participant’s team to explain the BSP and the CIP to ensure all parties understand the plans.
- Providing Direct support implementing the BSP
- Providing consultative support by training staff and stakeholders on BSP implementation
- Monitoring plan implementation and making modifications as needed
- Analyzing data and tracking goal attainment progress
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $38.00 to $45.00 /hour
- Adult Autism/ IDD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master’s (Required)
- FBA Cert, BSL, LPC (Preferred)